DH Baldwin Stability..

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 23:19:15 +0000

>..this piano has a wobble to it..all 3 legs sit in *coaster cups*..the front
>2 legs are on a tile floor and the back leg sits on a carpet..all the bolts
>are tight..and there's still a pretty good wobble to it..i noticed this with
>another DH I tuned 6 months ago..this one had all 3 legs sitting on
>carpet..it wobbled as much as this one today..anyone care to comment on
>this?..thanks.

I have a couple of dozen DH Baldwins that I service. One in particular
that I remember about the legs. Not only a bit of a wobble but the
slightest thumb push to rock the piano and I'd get a tick, tick, tick,
tick,..tick,...tick,....tick,.....tick,.........tick, Etc. I couldn't
even see the piano rocking. But that must have been the most annoying
clicking I,ve ever heard out of a piano. Pulled all three legs off
poured a little CA glue in the mortise and get paid. Ive had 2 others
with the same problem of wobbling but no clicking.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano
Lakewood, OH