#pianotech on Starlink IRC

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 19:40:56 -0600

Dear IRC friends,

John Musselwhite has done a great job of keeping you informed of the
planned meetings on the #pianotech channel on Starlink.  I am excited to
try out the new "whiteboard" that can be used in conjunction with mIRC
5.31.  This will allow people who are "chatting" with each other to also
share drawings, pictures and some text on a small virtual whiteboard.

In past weeks we have had visitors from Spain and Brazil, as well as
regulars from all over the US and Canada.  We welcome you to join us
tonight, Thursday, January 15, 1998 for fun, conversation, and Virtual
Coffee!  We are blessed with some excellent technicians who are regulars,
and they can usually answer any questions I have about pianos or player
pianos.

Recent discussions have included bridge repairs, "Steam Power", string
leveling and tools, vicious pets, Pythagorean and other temperaments, tool
cases, casting ( and ringing) of church bells, synthesizers and keyboards,
Pinblocks, "Tool Time", and how aspirin affects tuning ability.  If you
have a question (or an answer), or just want to chat with other piano
technicians in real time, come join us!

Any regular in the #pianotech channel can have a short "bio" listed on the
"Pianotech Internet Relay Chat web page.  John Musselwhite and I are the
only ones listed, and we are getting lonely!

Sincerely,
David

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT
Joplin, Missouri, USA