Methanol? (WHY?)

Joseph Alkana jfa19@IDT.NET
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:20:17 -0500 (EST)

At 10:21 AM 1/15/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Also sprach JIMRPT:
>

>Just for the list's information, from the US Federal Register, Volume 36,
>Number 105 (as quoted in the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics) the
>limits for exposure in air for a few common solvents (parts per million):
>
>Ethanol			1000
>Acetone			1000
>Gasoline		500	(Hexane, Heptane, Octane)
>Methylene Chloride	500
>2-butanone
> (Methyl ethyl Ketone)
> (lacquer thinners)	200
>Methanol		200
>Toluene
> (contact cement solv)	200
>Naptha			100
>Turpentine		100
>

>Tim "sayin' so don't make it so" Keenan
>H.B.Sc., M.Sc.
>Noteworthy Piano Service
>Terrace, BC.

Tim Keenan,

Thanks for sharing this info with us. I do wonder if something is missing
from that chart on exposure to those chemicals. For instance the list gives
the volumes in ratio form but where are the absolute exposure times? Could
you supply that data? Also do you know if any of the mentioned chemicals
have any build up effects in the system over time as opposed to an absolute
exposure for so and so time?

Thanks

Joseph Alkana RPT