UPDATE: Re: SAT "Ammunition"

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:04:40 -0600 (CST)

To ALL who helped on my SAT request:

   CONGRATULATIONS are in order! IT WORKED!! (Yeah, I *am* yelling a
little). It was even an easy sell. Turns out I had planted the seed a
year or so ago, it had had time to germinate and he agreed almost
immediately. I guess another case of you have to "ask, before you can
receive". :-) Anyway, I did a compilation of all the posts, presented
it to him and asked him to go ahead and read it over the weekend even
though he had already approved. He said he would.

   So, I'm going ahead and ordering the SAT I Inventronics is *renting*
until the SAT III comes out in another month or two, with full purchase
price minus rental going toward the new one. This way I can go ahead
and start learning how to use it efficiently and be partially ready to
go when I get the new one. Besides, I still have a LOT of practice room
pianos to tune. :-)

   Once I start using it, I'll *try* not to ask TOO many questions. :-)
   Many, many special thanks to Ed Foote, David Vanderhoofven, Dave
Peake, David Porritt, Wim Bleese, Chris Purdy, Phil Bondi, Zen Reinhardt
and Roger Jolly for replying to my request and giving me some excellent
"ammunition".

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music