Bandwidth Alert

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 18:50:16 +0000

Date:          Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:44:56 -0600 (CST)
To:            pianotech@ptg.org
From:          kam544@ionet.net (Keith McGavern)
Subject:       Re: Bandwidth Alert

It would be a big help if everyone simply made their comments at
the beginning of the reply!  Personally I'm getting tired of all
the little personal replies that would be more appropriate in a
personal post!  If I don't keep up with the List everyday I end
up with hundreds of messages.

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

>part of Tim Keenan's post:
>I just saw a reply that quoted the entire 40 lines or so of the original
>post in order to offer a 3 line counter reply.  It seems pretty common on
>the list at large.  I don't wish to seem like a grouch, but does anyone
>else agree that it is courteous to others on the list to edit out
>everything that isn't germane to the reply...

I don't know about it being courteous, Tim, but it surely does make for an
awful lot of unneccessary scrolling for the 300 + subscribers when this
occurs.

FYI: Usually, anyone who speaks up about this type of matter usually takes
at least one flaming hit.  So if it does happen, you'll know you're not
alone, nor the only person who might seem like a grouch.  :-)

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731