Restringing

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:31:50 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Avery Todd wrote:

> List,
>
>    Since treble then bass *is* rather obvious, :-) don't you think John
> might have been referring to whether to start stringing in the tenor or
> the treble?
>    Just a thought.

Of course he was! The tongue-in-cheek reply was meant to imply that it
really doesn't matter whether you start in the tenor or treble, it's pri-
marily a matter of personal preferrence. I would suggest, however, that
equally important to making sure that you support the pinblock from
underneath before starting to hammer in tuning pins, is to remember to
WEAR EAR PPOTECTION! When you show up at a new customer's home to tune
his piano for the first time and he asks, "Are you the piano tuner?", his
confidence in you might be somewhat shaken if you reply is "HUH?"!!!! :)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net