Buzzing Acrosonic

PDtek PDtek@aol.com
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 02:32:29 EST

>The customer calls me every month or two complaining
>about a something-or-other noise that never stays on the same note,
>nor does it stay long enough for me to get there (and I have made next
>day special visits to try to catch it.)

Given the fact that the buzz has never been present in your presence, it IS
possible that it is all in her head. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.
In many instances it's hard enough to find buzzes when we CAN hear them, but
how far can you pursue this when you CAN'T hear them? On the other hand, the
sound may be real, but just more transient than most. Either way, it seems
that you have gone way beyond the call of duty to accommodate her at your
expense. The next time she calls you on this, I would tell her that you would
be glad to take another look, but due to the elusive nature of the problem you
will have to charge your usual hourly fee whether you are able to find the
buzz or not.

This way you will be compensated for you time and who knows, maybe next trip
the ghost buzz will appear for you.

Dave Bunch