Dampp-Chaser Installation

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:14:58 +0000

When is the best time to install a Dampp-Chaser system? Just before
tuning, a week before tuning, or does it matter?
	In most homes in the Cleveland area, it is very dry this time of year.
Now if I install a system just before tuning (or just after for that
matter) won't the RH level and wood moisture content level chage within
a week or so causing the beautiful tuning I just did go all out of
whack? This makes sense to me, but I just want to be sure. (arms raised
up over head).
	I have read through all of my Dampp-Chaser literature and I can't find
anything about installation and tuning. (Unless I'm just illiterate).
	If anyone knows where I can find some literature or your own comments,
It would be appreciated.
	Thanks in advance.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service