Buzzing Acrosonic

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Sat, 17 Jan 98 13:13:29

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 00:51:55 +0000, Mike Masters wrote:

>Hello List,
>				I have a customer with a 2 year old Baldwin
Acrosonic. Not a bad
>piano from what I've seen of it (which is more than I would have liked
>to have seen) The customer calls me every month or two complaining
>about a something-or-other noise that never stays on the same note,
>nor does it stay long enough for me to get there (and I have made next
>day special visits to try to catch it.)
>			She describes the noise as kind of a buzz that is in the back of
>note. I have spent literally hours with us sitting at the piano. It
>has never done it when I've been there.
>			I have checked every possible thing that I can think of, can't
seem
>to find a buzz or a problem. Ive checked bridges, board, ribs,
>strings, case parts, installed a few screws on the key cover hinge
>that were never installed (14 to be exact.), oh and I've also checked
>for items near the piano that could be excited by certain frequencies.
>Nothing.
>			Piano is in good tune. It isn't a voicing problem. No action
noise.
>I have just about exhausted my efforts. I am beginning to wonder if it
>isn't the piano at all.
>			If anyone has had any similar experiences or some advise on
things
>to look for in the piano or the piano owner, it would all be a big
>help. Frankly, I'm losing money on this one, and also my mind.
>
>			Thanks in advance!
>
>Mike Masters
>Masters Piano Service
>Lakewood, OH

Mike,
	this may seem too obvious but ... is there something that niormally sits on the
piano ,pictures etc., that she is kind and thoughtful enough to remove before you get
there? This would account for it appearing only when your not there.
					regards,
					Greg
Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`