Cloned ... and Go Figure! (non-technical)

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@emi.net
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:02:58 -0500

Ask your cell provider for  locking and unlocking numbers  to protect you
from cloning. If you have a digital phone you can program these numbers
into your phone using 1 digit. This is a slight inconvenience but great
protection to avoid reoccurrance of this problem.
Example of usage after programming the unlocking number to button #1 and
locking number to button #2:

When making a call you press "1", wait a few seconds for your phone to
unlock, then make your call. When finished press "2" to lock your phone.
You can receive calls when in the locked mode but you must unlock it to
make your calls. When your phone is locked, no one can clone your phone.

Howard S. Rosen, RPT
Boynton Beach, Florida