damper flange cords

THEOFONE THEOFONE@aol.com
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 19:35:57 EST

it's the lignin in the wood that does the deterioration. Thats why they use
non-lignin paper to mount photographs in albulms for long term storage. Seems
to me that just about anything synthetic would be better long-term, but
preformance is another matter. I have used insulated wire in the past for
repairs and the last one I did , I used it for a whole set. Easy to use and
cut and will stay in the slot with friction a lot easier and better. Just
burnish it to get straight and cut it to exact length, press into the slot
with a duckbill parrallel pleir and set the spring. What I have used lately to
repair grand repetition spring cords is Gosling thread. It is a woven
synthetic cord and is available at a fabric or sewing supply store. It sells
for about 25 cents a yard,and is heavy enough to work with easily.
                                                           Theodore Mamel RPT
                                                            Pittsburgh Chapter