Restringing

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 23:28:31 EST

<< What I do use is two machinist jacks and scrap pinblock material.  The
 machinist jacks are about 2 1/2 inches high closed and 4 inches high fully
 extended.  Space differences are made up using differing thicknesses of
 pinblock material, always with a full thickness piece, 1 1/2", contacting the
 pinblock itself.
   Each support block is aprox the size of one section of strings so that I
 have an automatic reminder to change the jacks when I reach the end of a
 section, but I like the piece of tape idea that someone suggested for doing
 the same reminding duty.
   I have also never tried Jon's method of wedges, although it seems as if
they
 will work just fine also.  Bottom line, Glenn, if it works for you, go for
it.
 No one that I have seen so far has all the "right" answers to anything.  :-)
 Jim Bryant (FL)

 "todays rabbits, having Evereadys, don't need no stinkin carrots"
 Faintly Dull

The local hardware store carries the cylanders threaded on the inside.  I
insert machine bolts on the inside and handtight between the pinblock and key
bed.  I purchase several so I can support the entire block and not have to
move them around.