Comparing Pianos with Cars

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:00:14 EST

>A REALLY good new piano still costs less than a new Rolls Royce though,
>even if the Fazioli is in the Ferrari class.

An Imperial Bosendorfer is comparable to a Rolls.

>The important difference between the two being that my neighbour across the
>street can't sell his very nice 30 year old Caddy for much above scrap
>while his 30 year old Steinway B will bring several times what he paid for
>it if he wanted to sell it. A lot of Cadillacs will have gone through his
>garage before he does.

The biggest selling point for piano is that most cars, regardless of how much
you pay for them, last about 5 - 10 years. (some stay around longer, most
don't even last that long). But pianos, for the most part, last 10  times
longer. So dollar for dollar, a piano is a much better investment. Of ocurse
you can't drive to Vegas with a piano, but then it doesn't burn as much oil
either.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. louis