A-428 Tuning Question

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 01:37:19 -0600

So what formula did you use?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours..

Plug this into a spread sheet.    1200*(log(F/f)/log(2))
F  equals 440
f equals 428
gives -47.87127255
or
F equals cell block number   (B5)    for example
F equals cell block number   (c5)   on the same row.    ect..
enter differing freqs into the two blocks.  Go to the block you want
y our answer to be in and copy in the formula using cell block
numbers (addresses)

I don't think it matters if they are reversed. It doesn't on my
spread sheet.  If any one wants the spread sheet that converts the
diff of two frequencies to cents, and shows the resulting frequency
if altered by x cents  drop me an email.   Should work on at least MS
Works, or MS Office.  I can send it for  QuatroPro also.

This came from a gentleman from Denmark or was it Sweden on  this
list about a year ago.
Niklas Elaisson
Richard Moody

PS  also have spread sheets for 24 notes, their freq in
ET their partial freqs and beat rates between 3rds 4th 5th 6th m3rds
and m6ths
will calculate cents deviation from ET for various temps.
will show change in beats for change in cents and vice versa.
Shows temp if say 12th root of 2.007 is used, and the cents and beat
diffedrences from ET.
FREE for the asking  (the spread sheets, not the software)