Windows and pianos

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 17:37:46 EST

Mike Hoffman asks if anyone is seeing lots of pianos in windows.  I am
building a new 2500+ sq ft home and I also will place it in front of a large
bay window...because it makes me happy to play it there.  Customers should
place the piano where they want it, within reason.  I encourage them to do so.
Pianos should be played and looked at. If it makes them love it more than so
be it.  I let them know of the risks and how it will shorten the life of the
finish and the piano...but tell them if you tune and service it more often and
still wish to have it there then fine.  I get to visit them more often and
they enjoy the piano more.  A win, win situation in my book.

Ed Tomlinson

<< By the way, are you folks out there seeing more and more giant homes with
 pianos directly in front of giant windows?  The poor beasts are cooking to
 death.  No screens or shades possible, of course...you wouldn't want to ruin
 the look of that room.  And amazingly, in a 5,000 square foot house, this is
 the ONLY spot that the piano can be located!

 Go figure.

 Stay Tuned,

 Mike Hoffman, RPT >>