JElving JElving@aol.com
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:46:50 EST

In a message dated 1/25/98 5:09:34 AM EST, drichard@qntm.com writes:

<< I do
 remember that it had been restored and was perfectly playable.  My wife and I
 were on the formal tour of the mansion when the tour guide ask if anyone in
the
 group played.  Yours truly volunteered and I was really impressed on the
 condition, tone and all.  The guide told stories of how it got there...

 I'm sure I could find the name of the place if you are still interested.

Doug -

That is the Bidwell Mansion in Chico. The piano was rebuilt by Dale Fox &
Brett Dearing from Sacramento. They didn't need to refinish, as the finish was
beautiful when they got it, and the state of California didn't want to spen
the money on that.

John Elving, RPT
San Leandro, CA
JElving@aol.com