Temperaments

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 07:14:44 +0000

Hi Jim,
     Being likely one of those who comes off as thinking ET is
mediocre.,  I just want to clarify something.  I think ET is the hardest
temperament of all to tune and any that can do it can tune any HT. ET is
the last one taught in my fathers classes.  He starts with just
intonation and works them through meantone, well, and then ET as here
virtually every note is tempered. We miss the pure and close to pure
sounds in HT and even the wolves.  It just makes each key alittle more
interesting, though i certainly respect ET and think it is remarkable
how close tuners actually come to it in practice. Any who do ET are
certainly not backward.
-Mike Jorgensen RPT

in some