Temperaments

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 08:50:03 -0800 (PST)

Dear Les,

I would like to join Muddy Richard (and probably several others) during
his visit to your room. (I hope you have a big room!) And I would like
to bring a tape recorder ...

Sincerely,

Susan

P.S. Like Richard, I'm also very interested in Pythagorean tuning,
since I think it closely approximates the intonation I use on the
cello. I believe that singers and string players tend to fall into
Pythagorean intervals naturally, if they can play and sing in tune
at all.

At 01:08 AM 1/26/98 -0600, Richard Moody wrote:
>Dear Les
>	If you should happen to act on Dear Ron's advice, please invite me.
>I have always appreciated your knowldege of the piano industry and
>have enjoyed your on-line music lessons sparse as they may be.  I am
>anxious to tune for you a straight pythagorean pure fifths
>temperament and would love to hear how and what you would play in
>(on) (for) it.
>
>Richard Muddy
>
>----------
>> From: Ron Nossaman <nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET>

<snip>

------------

>> >Thus those who want real historical accuracy with their historical
>> >temperaments should probably be laying them down on a really crappy
>> >Brambach grand with loose tuning pins!
>> >
>> >Les Smith

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"By using your intelligence, you can sometimes make your problems twice as
complicated."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant