Soundboard Cleaning

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:14:54 -0600

Pianotoone@aol.com wrote:

> Wondering about tips for cleaning soundboards on grands.
>
> Do you remove the lid?

Only if I'm planning to remove the strings also.

> What cleaning solutions, if any, do you use?

None, liquids have no business that close to strings.

> What tools? (rags, spring steel, dusters)

Spring steel with daiper or terry cloth threaded throug the slot.  (Unless it's
in my shop, then a blow gun attached to my compressor - customers tend not to
appreciate that method in their living room!)

Oh, this is not presented as the "correct" way of cleaning, only how I do it.
I'm not sure if it is a historical method of cleaning or not, but it works for
me.

Danny Moore
http://www.setexas.com/danmoore/