Old Chickering

Paul Dempsey dempsey@ramlink.net
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:46:13 -0400

Just had a phone call from a dealer nearby who had a question about an "old" Chickering grand that he is considering purchasing.
There is no serial number that he can find.... the piano was "rebuilt" around 10 years ago, refinished, new strings, sprayed plate, new keytops, very little else, if anything.

He describes the thing as 6'4" with a wide tail. The one thing he did notice is that it has the original pinblock in at least three sections.

His questions include age and possible value. I told him I'd need to see the beast, but would run it past the list to see if any ya'll had any thoughts.

Any thoughts?

Paul E. Dempsey
Piano Tuner/Technician
Marshall University