Buzzing Acrosonic Update

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 00:25:17 +0000

Hello List,
	I want to begin by saying Thank You. Thank you for all of the advice
and comments posted.
	I received a call today while I was in the shop and low and behold, the
lady with the piano in question was calling. Her piano was making a
funny noise again. I asked her if it was making the noise at the present
time and if she said it was, I was ready to go. I told her not to touch
a thing. Don't even breathe until I get there.
	I arrived within about a half an hour. Approached the piano asked her
to sit at the piano and play the offending notes. Wow! what an obnoxious
noise I thought. Definitely a buzz.
	I kneeled in front of the piano and began playing the offending notes
while listening. Coming from the bass end. Put my hand up to the bottom
panel and it stopped. My heart jumped. I checked it again and again.
Turns out that the spring for the board was installed in the wrong
position and was allowing a little bit of play (actually a lot) I ended
up moving the spring 3/8" to take up the slack. No more Buzz. She felt
as relieved as I did. She told me she was afraid to call me because she
was beginning to wonder if it was all in her head. I told her that the
thought had crossed my mind and many techs on the list. Another happy
tech and customer.
	Thanks again for all you've done.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service