Buzzer's problem

SERGIO BRUNELLO serbrunello@iol.it
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:42:47 +0100

Hello everybody,
=20
enjoy myself to be a new member of the list.
I am an Italian tuner/technician, my name in Sergio Brunello and I live =
in Treviso (a little but very nice city) near Venice.
I find the list very interresting and very skill technicians too.=20
I beg you all to be comprehensive with my bad English. =20
=20
Now to the question, I hope somedoby can help me.
I have a problem with a Steinway e sons mod. D made 1990. It is a very =
good instrument but it has a weak spot in the middle-treble section =
(F57-F69).The strings give a buzzy noise ( we say "frezzle strings"), =
coming from the capo bar's duplex scale.=20
=20
I cheked the piano and I note that a lot of string was changed (breaking =
problem) by other technicians, and come me the doubt that wasn't a good =
work. The capo bar underface showed a lot of furrows in the strangest =
positions.=20

 I decide to change all the middle-treble sector's strings with the =
right string size and to make smooth the capo bar underface. The =
bridge's string pressur was correct (by my knowledge; please can you =
give me this pressur information so I can compare if mine are correct =
?).
After the restringing and tuning, I cheked the hammers striking point =
that was correct.
All this work was useless the duplex scale still buzzers.
I tryed with a more soft voicing, a little better but not enough.
So at the end I decided for what I wanted to do. I puted a felt strip =
among the duplex scale's strings. OK the buzzer stopped but the sound =
falled in brightness. Associated with the more soft voicing the sector =
is no comparable with the others.
I am displeased with the work's results.=20
=20
Someone have already had this probelm ? There are some more or better =
work to do?
=20
I'll be greatfull to get some suggestions.
=20
Sergio Brunello
Treviso, Italy