Windows and pianos

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:43:36 EST

Jon,

Such strong words.  I am knowledgeable and still wish to have my piano in a
window...it will have curtains and advanced protection glass.  I do get to do
what I want ...based on that knowledge you seem to think I am incapable of
dealing with.  It is that knowledge that helped me to decide the best place
for the piano would be the place that family and friends would enjoy it the
most.  Personal decisions are just that, personal.  I would have never
encouraged a piano to be placed in harms way.  I show a person how to mitigate
any damage to the best known practices and then let them enjoy their
instrument.  Too many people have opinions on how others should live their
lives.  Lighten up.

Ed Tomlinson

<< I can only surmise arrogance
 for a knowledgeable person to place a piano in harms way. It displays a total
 disregard for the workmanship put into it to allow it to deteriorate at an
 accelerated rate. >>