Lester

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:40:19 -0800

>Never did I think I would come to the defense of dear ol' Betsy, but my link
>is even closer having grown up within 5 miles of Lester and had high school
>classmate's parents lose their jobs when they folded.
>
>Even here in the hinterland I have three which survive. I usually get called
>to tune them every two or three years and usually don't have much to do when
>I'm there. Very stable.
>
>True, I've replaced elbows with Vagais plastic, but I've noticed that the
>ones which had broken/become brittle, were those directly above the factory
>installed humidity control rod.  Many plastic problems IMHO were caused by
>that rod, WHICH HAD NO CONTROLLER, being left plugged in all year, 24hr/day.
>Gordon Laughead and others also had the same setup - yuk.
>
>Flame away.
>
>Conrad

Funny, I've noticed the same thing, both out here in the rain forest and in
the potato-planter of Boise.  Always wondered if there was a correlation
between that heater bar  and  the plastic degradation.  The more tenacious
buggers were out of the bar's path while the crumblers were directly above
it.  Kinda makes ya think, huh?

"Tunings are like bridges... Some are more exceptional than others, but
they all get the job done."

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com