Option B

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:42:16 -0600

----------
> From: Billbrpt <Billbrpt@aol.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Option B
> Date: Tuesday, January 27, 1998 7:34 AM

> << The Sensations of Tone  a book by Hermann Helnholtz  was a
blaring
>  ommission.
>
>  Richard Moody >>
> Thanks Richard,  he was one of the "evil scientists I had in mind,
in fact the
> principal one.
>     Although Helmholtz' work was very important,{snip}.  Karl Marx
had "good" ideas like that too.
> They even prevailed in certain places for a painfully long time.
Last week,
> the Pope went to see about one of the last places...
> Bill Bremmer RPT

Well if you say Helmholtz was an "evil"scientist that would serve to
offer scientific proof that "evil" exists only in the mind of the
beholder.  Good thing the inquisition isn't still around or we
both might be hauled in to recant our utterances about the nature of
evil.

But hats off to Helmholtz for helping to develope what thousands of
musicians were asking hundreds of keyboard makers to produce, a
system of tuning that would spare us from the wolf after that
painfully long time of those who couldn figure it out.

Richard Nottobestretched Moody