Butt plates

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 17:16:58 -0500

What Barrie was refering to was a meterial that resemples wood when it
hardens.  Either of the products you mentioned will work just fine.  It
sould take very little material to make the repair, but I would use a
smaller pin than the one I expect to use for the pinning.

A very thin and very narrow strip of material, plasic, metal, thick
paper or similar material laid in the groove will do as well.  Stips cut
from aluminum beer cans will work as well.  Drink the beer before
cutting up the cans.

If the grooves have been worn so they look like hour glasses then the
use of the mixed material will have to be used while care is taken to
make sure the pin is kept paralell to the original groove.

The use of plastic with sticky on the back is a good idea.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com