piano differences

David W. Pitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 12:14:49 -0700

Del, I agree with what you wrote about hard hammers.  Even so, this
situation gains me a lot of income from voicing, and I would rather
begin with a hammer too hard than one that is too soft.
I've convinced the dealer that I work for that we need to "customize"
our grand pianos to the environment that they are sold to (ie. concert
hall, home, church).

Thank goodness for the Yamaha voicing tool.  I own two of them.  One has
a thinner, shorter needle, the other a longer, thicker needle so that I
don't have to keep changing needles as I move up and down the keyboard.