Side cutter

Al Jeschke jeschkea@cadvision.com
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 14:38:47 -0700

Hi Barrie, Michiel & List,

Side cutters don't come any better than the Bahco brand.  I purchased a
small 6 inch one for my tool kit many years ago.  It will cut any size music
wire with ease - and I still cannot see a nick in the cutting edges.  For
shop use I prefer a 7 inch side cutter or a Starret music wire end cutter.

Centre pins do not necessarily require the same quality cutters that music
wire demands.  I have made several, for myself and some friends, out of
small 4 inch side cutters by grinding one side so as to cut pins perfectly
flush.  Care must be taken not to grind away too much, or the cutting edges
will disappear!

   Al Jeschke