More Money in Tuning or Servicing?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:18:07 EDT

<< This brings up another question:  What happens if you subcontract a job to
 somebody, and although everything you have seen from their shop in the past
 has been really good, well, this job, well, it has problems.  The customer
 is going to hold you responsible, not the other guy.  And if it is something
 really serious, like the plate broke, or they just lost some part that is
 not replaceable, well, wow.  Have you ever been in such a situation?  Of
 course, everything in life has risks.

Arnold:

If you are going to subcontract, it would be best if you told your customer
about it. I use two guys for my refinishing. I tell my customer that I take
the piano appart, and put it back together, but that the finishing is done by
some one else. This way, if a problem with the finish does happen, the
customer will call me, but willl not be upset, or surprised, when I tell him
that someone else will come to fix the problem.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis