Not very important

Mark Graham magraham@bw.edu
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:05:06 -0400 (EDT)

My son bought a bagful of Disney videos at a garage sale up the street.
Which explains why I was watching Pinocchio last night. Outside of a truly
irritating little boy/puppet, I was astounded at the richness and
inventiveness of the animation. And the Blue Fairy... wow.

But what I had never noticed is that at Pleasure Island, to show the nadir
of misbehavior, not one but TWO grand pianos are destroyed. Is this what
we want our children to watch??!!??

Mark Graham
Baldwin-Wallace Conservatory of Music
(who has the infamous "Northern Exposure" piano catapult scene on tape and
watches it over and over from time to time for therapy)