Taking off shoes

Mike Musial mmusial@acsworld.net
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:51:20 -0400

Once, I was asked by a customer to remove my shoes upon entering their
house. I was startled by the incredible number of shoes gathered around the
front door. There were dozens! I was then led to the piano (a nice Yamaha).
The piano room contained a number of cages full of pigeons. The floor was
covered with feathers and bird feed. As I tuned the piano in my stocking
feet amongst coos and rustles, I could not stop thinking of all those
shoes... Could they possibly have belonged to other service personnel that
unwittingly came before me?  Would MY shoes be the next to be added to the
collection, this humble technician never to be heard from again?  I finished
the job quickly, let myself out, took a deep breath of fresh air and got in
my car filled with the joy of being alive.

As a postscript for those who laugh at my over reaction.. Before I left I
felt compelled to stop at the front door and count the number of shoes I
could see out in the open. There were 57 PAIRS!

Mike Musial RPT
Reedsville Pa