Sticking Steinway dampers

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 00:15:42 -0700 (MST)

Hi Bill:

Sostenuto is not an English word, so it would not normally be found in an
English Spell checker. There are many terms in music which are of italian
derivation. As one meets these, they can be checked in a Music Dictionary
and then added to the Spellchecker.

Newton probably passes most spell checkers because of fig-newtons. I believe
Hunt would also pass because of hunt or hunting being common English words.

Most other proper names would not pass many spellcheckers, but can usually
be added to the list manually if you plan to use those names in the future.

Jim Coleman, Sr.