laminated bridge question

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:55:00 -0500 (CDT)

>I do know how to use yellow glue properly. And hide glue is easier.  Don't
>forget in your original letter, Ron, you asked for suggestions for glue
>for laminating bridges...wasn't that an open solicitation for opinions?

*True, hide glue - right? I got that part just fine, thank you.

>I don't assume I am the only person on the planet who knows anything about
>hide glue. There are, however, a lot of people on the planet who don't use
>hide glue because of ignorance of how to use it properly...fighting with
>it and eventually giving up entirely or only using it for specific tasks
>because of the trouble and difficulty. It is one thing to know how to use
>hide glue for *any* task, then choose to use something else.

*It's precicely the specific task that I'm talking about, not the
generality. I haven't generally denounced hide glue, nor am I the generic
person who doesn't use hide glue because I don't know what to do with it.
Did I say anything to indicate that? I am trying to stick to specifics here
without dissembling into generalities. If I don't know what I'm talking
about, by all means,  educate me. I want specifics, and you are going to
have to make more sense than I do to convince me. I am not a lot of people
who don't know what they are doing. I am me, whether I know what I'm doing
or not, and expect to be dealt with on an individual basis. I usually have a
pretty good idea of what I have, and haven't said in any given
correspondance, though I have been mistaken, or sloppy, on occasion. With
that in mind, please address me as if I were able to understand what you are
saying, and follow the logic. I'm  more than happy to swap ideas. Perhaps we
can both learn something.

>> Interesting, in your last post, you *thought* that's why modern glues were
>> developed, and now, that *is* why modern glues were developed.
>>
>Silly semantics. And "Viennese piano" is the accepted and correct way to
>refer to a piano of a particular style, whether it is made in Vienna or
>not, whether modern reproduction or antique. Many antique "Viennese
>pianos"  were not made in Vienna; just the same as not all "Viennese
>actions" were made in Vienna. And I didn't say plywood is made with
>Titebond, I said modern glues.

*No, it is NOT silly semantics. It is the meat of the text, and a good part
of the basis of your counter-arguments, and it was grabbed out of thin air.
Which reminds me. Why is there an argument here in the first place? My
questions are answered, my views are aired, your views are aired, and we
each will do what we each will do in spite of what either thinks or says. As
far as I am concerned, the process is served. I appreciate your time.

>Stephen

 Ron