Advertising

R. Goodale rob.goodale@nau.edu
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 22:56:36 -0600

Hello all...

I'm considering placing an ad in the newspaper to help boost business a
little.  As a
university tech I've spent most of the past year catching up on a
mountain of a mess I
inherited when I took the job.  Now that I've gotten things more or less
in order I would like the outside work to pick up a bit.  I do get work
via referrals and recommendations from the university but not as much as
I would like.  I am in the process of making friends with the local
music stores but I was thinking maybe a small ad in the paper may be
something to look into.  Nothing fancy just a plain business card sized
thing somewhere.  I haven't yet called the paper to check the price on
this but I'm guessing a couple or three hundred dollars at least to run
it for a week.

So, what have you folks discovered about doing this? Is it worth it?
Does anyone actually read it and call? Or am I better off looking into
other worth while methods?  I should also add that this is a rather
small tourist-oriented community, population around 60K.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Goodale, RPT
Northern Arizona University