'Grey Market' Yamahas- again

ETomlinCF3@aol.com ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:36:37 EDT

Who did you ring?  I have talked, last week, to Terry Lewis,  the highest
ranking man here in the USA, and he tells a different story.  In the US it
does make a difference.  We import the "super dry".  May I also say that a
"marketing" person is not qualified to say that this is not important.  Talk
to the piano techs... they will know of the importance.

Ed Tomlinson

<< I rang a senior marketing person in Yamaha today (not in the US) to get
 their input.  They said quote "we used to import the wet pianos, then we
 changed to the dry pianos, now I think we changed again, but I'm not to
 certain whether we are bringing in the wet or dry ones at the moment.......
  Anyhow, it doesn't make any difference",unquote.