laminated bridge question

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:03:32 -0500 (CDT)

At 11:54 AM 7/28/98 EDT, you wrote:

>Ron;
> Yeah you can do that.....retard the glue jell time with urea, have everything
>set to go and work steadily and quickly. There should be plenty of time to
>accomplish everything if you have made a dry run to work out the kinks that
>'are' there.
> Unlike Stephen I don't think that hot hide glue is needfully the only, or the
>best, adhesive for this job but I would not hesitate to use it. I don't like
>adulterating glue with urea though:-(
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Hi Jim,

Yea, that's what bothered me about the whole thing too. I have no doubts
whatsoever about the holding power and durability of hide glue, but I've
always been leery of any sort of magic that changes the basic properties of
a substance to accommodate the user. In my experience, there is always a
payback later. Perhaps that isn't the case here, but I have found cynicism
to be an indispensable survival trait.

 Ron