Cell phone was Re: Answering Machines - Opinions Please

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 08:23:06 EDT

In part, Dale said, << If expecting a call that requires immediate attention,
I will call
 forward the office phone to my cell phone. >>

Before I opened my store with a full time secretary to answer the phone, I
forwarded my business phone to my cell phone when I left in the morning. I
carried my appointment book with me in the car, and made appointment all day
long. When I only had a car phone,  I would recall message from my voice mail
in between appointments. When I switched to a portable phone, and I carried
the appointment book in with me. The time it took to set up an appointment was
not enough to throw off my schedule. Yes, I did get some unwanted calls, but
not enough for me to discontinue the practice. If I got a call from someone
with whom I would need to spend some time, I would explain the situation, and
call that person back while I was driving to my next appointment, or some
other convenient time.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis