No Subject

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 22:48:40 EST

<<"has used the same tuner for the same number of  years.">>

<<"This fellow came in and in no time was filing hammers and needling.  The
pianist told me the tuner was complaining about how hard the hammers were to
file.">>

David;
 Renner Blue, along with Encore and S&S Hamburg, among others, are defintely
not the easiest hammers to file, but each are 'definitely' worth taking the
time and trouble to do correctly and the same technique that works just fine
on the older, popular, hammers such as Preimer will not suffice on these
iterations.
  This sad tale of the older performer's piano points out another fine reason
to attend workshops and conventions to stay current with new and changing
techniques/materials. While I am sure this tech was doing the best he knew
how, that the end results show perhaps 1 or 2 years experience repeated twenty
or thirty times rather than twenty or thirty years of experience.  Unfortunate
for all concerned and perhaps mostly so for the tech.
Jim Bryant (FL)