Keyboards!

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 23:18:22 EST

<<
 Folks, what view is taken in America (and by the PTG) of part-time tuners?
 The Pianoforte Tuners Association in Britain will not permit part-timers to
 sit the test and join.  Their view is that a person could attain the
 standard neccessary to pass the test, but unless they are tuning full-time,
 they would not be able to maintain that standard.  What do you think about
 this?  I'm very interested in your opinions, especially as I am part-time
 myself.  There simply isn't enough volume of work available in this area to
 sustain a full-time wage all year round.

 Best wishes folks,

 David >>

It took me a few years to build my clientele to the point of considering
myself a FT technician.  But if you really want to be FT, approach your work
that way.  Those in my PTG chapter look at it this way.  Never resign yourself
to believing there is not enough work to go around.  There are many more
pianos than you realize.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR