squeeky pedal

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 18:14:19 -0600

You could first replace the leather with felt.  That alone will probably do
it.  Then, graphite or McLube 1708 the dowel and replace (burnishing
helps).  I always use Protek on ALL bearing points (ends of dowel, etc.) if
I'm not SURE exactly which point is the problem one.  Make sure it's not
the damper lifter tray pins or something else before going thru the work of
replacing leather.  It sounds like that's where it is in this case-I can't
imagine leather there being a good idea.  Good luck with it!
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net