Rippen piano - plastic action

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 10:41:03 +0100

Bob and Willem,
I didn't know Rippen sold those pianos of "lesser high quality" under their
own name.
In Holland they were sold under the name "Lindner" and I tune one with the
name "Mahler".
They were made in the Rippen factory in Shannon, Ireland.
They even made hollow snap-on keys in some models.
This Irish adventure did no good to the name and financial basis of the
Rippen company.
My opion about the action design is , that there are certainly good and
original ideas put into it, but the total concept is unpractical and should
never have left the laboratory.
I will not do any major action repairs if the occasion occurs, I tell my
"Lindner" customers that.
Minor on site repairs I do without pay and without any warrenty.
If real problems occur I tell them to buy a real piano, as Willem says.
They are not worth the customers money and my time.
Regards,
Michiel van Loon
mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Meppel