Verticle action questions

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Mon, 02 Mar 1998 09:23:27 +0000

Rebuilding an old upright, and have two questions regarding action:
1) In ordering replacement hammer springs, how do I determine which size
to order, APSCO lists 2 sizes, 1 3/4" (short tail) and 2" (long tail)?
(And yes, I am replacing the butt spring punchings and spring rail
cloth.)

2) Many of the action centers obviously need to be repinned and/or
rebushed. How do you determine when to just re-pin vs. re-bush and
re-pin?

As always, input is greatly appreciated.
--
Jerry Hunt
Dallas, TX USA