Cleveland area refinishing

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 02 Mar 1998 11:30:42 +0000

Howdy list,
	I'm in the process of writing up an estimate for a rebuild on a 1926
Vose and Sons, Style X, 5'3" baby grand. The one part that I have no
experience with nor have done yet is refinishing. I can't even tell what
type of finish this piano has. I'm going to guess it's a mahogany finish
that has turned black and alligator scaly. I'm looking for a refinisher
in the Northeast area (doesn't have to be in Ohio). I have called around
and talked to some furniture refinishers, but I think the customer and I
would feel much better sending it to someone who specializes in pianos,
only. If any of the local Cleveland area techs have any suggestions or
anyone else on the list, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service
Lakewood, OH