Hammers

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:04:26 -0600 (CST)

Part of Del Fandrich's post:
>As far as hammers are concerned, sorry, but yes there is a difference...
>...If you want cold pressed hammers, check
>out Ronsen, they still press cold. Also, we've been trying Isaacs hammers
>of late, which
>seem to have at least some of the characteristics of cold pressed hammers,
>and are quite a
>bit more consistent than are Ronsen's. You might also consider Steinway
>hammers. Even
>though they are pressed in heated cauls...

>Keith McGavern wrote:
>>...About the cold pressed vs.
>> hot pressed hammers thing, I wouldn't be concerned.

Please notice, Del, I never said there wasn't a difference.

BTW: I recommended Steinway (which you did...heated cauls?...does that mean
these would be considered hot pressed by your standards?)  Ari Isaacs, an
excellent choice!  (..which seem to have at least some of the
characteristics of cold pressed hammers?...does this also mean these would
be hot pressed by your standards?)

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician