Cheapie Yamaha -Reply

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 10:26:32 -0800

Yamaha DOES NOT sell any Chinese pianos in this country which bear
the Yamaha name, nor does it make any 48" pianos in China.  If I had to
guess, I would say these are Pearl River pianos. The Pearl River factory
is a completely separate facility, and makes standard Pearl River pianos.
One thing is certain: these are NOT  Yamaha pianos.  Period.
Steve Pearson
Yamaha

>>> Philip Jamison <mortier@netreach.net> 03/01/98 10:31am >>>
A saw an ad in the Philadelphia paper placed by a piano dealer for  new
48" Yamaha studios at $1999. This seems awfully cheap (I think
Brentwoods cost more at retail). Does Yamaha sell their Chinese-made
pianos under the Yamaha name at this price range?

Philip Jamison
West Chester, PA