wanted: sellers of tools

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 02 Mar 1998 10:11:44 -0800

Clair:
	Welcome to the list!
	Regarding tools, here's a list of piano parts/tool suppliers:
	American Piano Supply (201) 777-3600 Orders: 1 800 457-4266.
	Schaff Piano supply 1 800 747-4266
	Pianotek (248) 545-1599.

They should be able to send you a catalog, some do charge for them.
Just mention that you are a technician (even if you're starting out).
You can get what you need to begin for less than $50.00 for everything.
You will need a temperment strip, some rubber mutes, a tuning fork A440,
and a tuning hammer.
	From the Schaff catalog, here's some numbers to ask for:
	Tuning hammer #4 (Nylon handle) $26.75 Includes tip and head. You can
order different heads, I don't know which head you might need.  The one
they supply will work in most cases.
	Tuning fork (Walker)#2110 $8.50
	Temperment Strip #209 $2.25
	Rubber Mutes- Wire handle #210 $.07 each (get half a dozen or so)
	Optional: Rubber wedge mutes #205 $5.45/dozen. Get a dozen or so for
muting bass strings.  (My preference.  Others may use another temperment
strip for bass strings.)
	This should get you started.  You will, of course, want to have other
various tools, screwdrivers, etc.
	If you still have trouble, e-mail me privately and I'll order for you.
Good luck!
	Paul McCloud, RPT
	San Diego, CA