Verticle action questions

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 21:28:33 EST

>2) Many of the action centers obviously need to be repinned and/or
>rebushed. How do you determine when to just re-pin vs. re-bush and
>re-pin?

>As always, input is greatly appreciated.

Jerry:

You will find, in the long run, that replacing worn out parts with new ones
will most likely be cheaper and easier, than trying to work with old parts
alone. Hammer butt flanges, for instance,  might be easier, and less time
consuming, (and thus less expensive), to replace rather than repin, and/or
rebush. The same would be true for wippen flanges, and even damper flanges.

When I first started in the business, my dad gave me several boxes full of old
upright parts that he had saved over the years. At first I was very gratefull,
and started using them. But I found I had to use three or four old parts
before I had one that would not break as I was installing it. I was spending
three or four as much time doing the work, than if I had just replaced the
part with a new one. The cost of the new part I passed on to the customer. The
time I saved I used for other things to do, like being with the family.

Just some input from someones who's been there

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis