wanted: sellers of tools

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 11:28:42 +0000

Norman Barrett wrote:

> Hi Clair,
> There are many frustrations trying to get started in a new field. If you are
> serious about learning piano technology you might want to check out the Randy
> Potter course. It is much more complete than the Reblitz book and you can even
> get a beginners set of tools with it. He does have a web page at
> www.tuningschool.com.

Clair and Norman,
	Excellent point! (I'm proof of Randy Potters course) Do keep in mind
though, it is a correspondence course. It has many pluses and a big
minus. The minus is that it is a correspondence course and you don't get
the 1-on-1 feedback relationship on a day-to-day basis. One thing you
may also want to check out is PTG membership. The benefits are
excellent. I think one of the biggest things that helped me in education
was (and still is!) the PTG. Attending local chapter meetings, regional
and state seminars, and the PTG Annual Convention is a valuable
resource. Most of the seminars and conventions offer 1-on-1 classes in
different aspects of pianos. In my experience, you can sign up for a
slot and pick your instructors brain for an hour. Learning all of the
aspects of piano technology is a lifelong experience, but you do have to
start somewhere. Good luck!

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service
Lakewood, OH