Yamaha GH-1 Grand -Reply -Reply

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:39:19 -0800

You're right, and in those settings, one can only hope to educate the
parties involved to the wisdom of maintenance over repair, the latter
always costing more in the long run.  If memory serves, the GH1B
outsells all our other grand models combined!
Steve

>>> Billbrpt <Billbrpt@aol.com> 03/02/98 09:43pm >>>

<< The GH1B fills a niche for a good quality piano for the non professional
pianist, and cannot be made into a professional instrument.
  Steve Pearson
 Yamaha piano service >>

    I wouldn't argue with you on that Steve, but look in any John Q.
Hammons
Holiday Inn hotel Lobby and you'll find the Yamaha GH-1.  I would never
expect
the hotel management to know the difference between the low end and
the high
end of Yamaha pianos.  They buy the cheapest.

     Have you ever noticed that it is always the Food & Beverage Manager
of a
hotel who calls to have a piano "tuned" and wants to know above all else
what
a "tuning" costs?  Ever try to convince the guy who sits at a desk with
stacks
of papers on it in a windowless room that there is more to piano service
than
tuning?  His immediate answer, of course, is that this is a "new Yamaha"
and
that he just wants to know what your price for a "tuning" is.

     I got my two hotel contracts on GH-1's with pianos that could no
longer
be played, let alone be "tuned".  We have real challenges in this business!

     Bill Bremmer RPT
      Madison, Wisoconsin