University Sails

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 22:19:03 EST

>>Yes, it is that time of year again.  3 calls in the last 2 days about a
>>large university here selling their pianos.  Don't the people ever catch
>>on?  On the other hand it sure spurs a lot of interest in pianos.
>>James Grebe

I know you don't like the University Sales, Jim, but they are doing what Larry
indicated. They encourage poeple to buy pianos. And the more pianos are
bought, the more business there is for us. I agree that we shoudn't lie, but
other than that, I think it is great for our business.

Not only that, but it great for the other stores that sell pianos, like my
business. We just sold a new piano to a customer who went to the university
sale, but didn't like the pushy salesman, or the "great deal" she thought she
was going to get. In the last two days we have been getting more people come
in the store, and calling on the phone asking questions about the pianos we
are selling. So even though the Baldwin Center is doing the advertising, it is
helping my business. And I hope you don't begrudge me some sales, even though
these customers were spurred on by the "university sails".

Willem Blees